Department: Undergraduate Admissions Employment Type: Regular and Work-Study Employment Job Starts: June 01, 2018 Work Type: Service
Northern Ambassadors provide a welcoming, informative, comprehensive, and high quality campus visit experience for all visitors to NIU. Northern Ambassadors duties include but are not limited to:
- Greeting prospective students and their families at check-in
- Leading regular campus walking tours for visitors to the university on weekdays and some Saturdays
- Assisting with Admissions events, when not in class (i.e., Open Houses, Admitted Student Days).
- Assisting the Admissions Call Center when schedule permits
- Attending regular meetings and participating in ongoing training activities
- Keeping current with campus and community news and events
- Assisting admissions counselors with college night programs
- Assisting at various Admissions functions and other events as directed by the Office of Admissions
Applicants must be at NIU for at least one semester prior to becoming a Northern Ambassador.
To apply, please complete the following application: http://www.niu.edu/admissions/_pdf/Northern-Ambassadors-Application.pdf
Completed applications should be emailed as an attachment to the Northern Ambassador Student Coordinators at NASupervisors@niu.edu.
Pay Rate: $ 8.25/hr
Other Student Jobs
Click on a position bellow to view it's details above. This is the same listing as previous pages and has been placed here for your search convenience.
Applications for this position are no longer being accepted.
Non Discrimination at NIU
Northern Illinois University is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. The Constitution and Bylaws of Northern Illinois University afford equal treatment regardless of political views or affiliation, and sexual orientation. NIU recognizes Dual Career issues.
N.I.U. provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.firesafety.niu.edu or by contacting the Environmental Health & Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.