Department: Web & Internal Communications Employment Type: Regular and Work-Study Employment Job Starts: January 16, 2018 Work Type: Technical
The Junior Web Support Specialist position provides daily support for websites hosted on the NIU.edu domain. They assist clients with content, navigation and image updates, and advise them on best practices, web standards and brand standards. They also respond to client requests for assistance and/or troubleshooting.
• Working knowledge of or ability to learn HTML visual and text editors; CSS; and content management systems
• Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud: Dreamweaver, Photoshop
• Outstanding organization and time management skills; ability to work independently while contributing to a team
• Ability to handle –numerous support requests consistently, quickly and correctly and continue to provide excellent customer service
Pay Rate: $ 8.50
Other Student Jobs
Click on a position bellow to view it's details above. This is the same listing as previous pages and has been placed here for your search convenience.
Applications for this position are no longer being accepted.
Important Note About this Job
Start Date: 1/16/2018 or asap.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer service and problem-solving (30%)
• Use NIU’s web content management system to manage client websites
• Use NIU’s web and brand standards to guide web updates
• Assist clients with website updates, changes and problems
• Create new web pages on existing websites
• Provide phone and email support
• Update NIU’s event calendar and feeds
Quality assurance (30%)
• Correct broken links and misspellings identified in Siteimprove reports
Web design and graphics (15%)
• Identify and format photos and images for websites using Creative Services image galleries and third-party vendors
Project Management (25%)
• Use ticketing system and project management programs to track completed work
• Assist with training for departmental pagemasters in basic Cascade functions, NIU communication standards, usability and accessibility best practices
Non Discrimination at NIU
Northern Illinois University is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. The Constitution and Bylaws of Northern Illinois University afford equal treatment regardless of political views or affiliation, and sexual orientation. NIU recognizes Dual Career issues.
N.I.U. provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.firesafety.niu.edu or by contacting the Environmental Health & Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.