Department: Northern Illinois University Employment Type: Regular and Work-Study Employment Job Starts: September 01, 2017 Work Type: Service
This position is responsible for:
• Understanding and effectively program unique value to current and prospective partners.
• Leveraging existing data to identify and contact potential business partners.
• Developing, updating, and maintaining value statements, account profiles, and strategies for all partners.
• Meeting, engaging, and promoting programs to potential business and community partners.
• Managing partner relationships to conduct needs assessment and program analysis.
• Maintaining detailed records of business partner contacts and communications.
• Functioning autonomously with professionalism and integrity as a program representative.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be an enrolled NIU student of at least junior standing.
• Enrollment in the College of Business' Professional Sales Program is preferable.
• Knowledge of developing and implementing business and relationship building strategies.
• Previous sales or business development/outreach experience preferred.
• Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects.
• Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Suite Package (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive).
• Experience with cloud-based storage, editing, and retrieval of documents.
• Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
Other Competences, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• Comfortable building business partnerships by phone, email, and in-person.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
• Ability to effectively build social and/or professional networks.
• Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, adapt to a changing environment, and monitor on-going program functioning.
• Can improvise quickly to identify solutions.
• Can see the "big picture" scope of a project and make connections between that project and other organizational initiatives.
• Applies a collaborative, team-focused approach to all work.
• Attentive and responsive to the needs of internal clients and other stakeholders.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Presents ideas that have been well researched and thought out when appropriate.
• Self-motivated autonomous learner.
Pay Rate: $ 8.25
Other Student Jobs
Click on a position bellow to view it's details above. This is the same listing as previous pages and has been placed here for your search convenience.
Applications for this position are no longer being accepted.
Important Note About this Job
Only online applications accepted. No phone calls please.
Non Discrimination at NIU
Northern Illinois University is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. The Constitution and Bylaws of Northern Illinois University afford equal treatment regardless of political views or affiliation, and sexual orientation. NIU recognizes Dual Career issues.
N.I.U. provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.firesafety.niu.edu or by contacting the Environmental Health & Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.