Department: NIU Alumni Association Employment Type: Regular and Work-Study Employment Job Starts: March 13, 2017 Work Type: Service
• Assist members of the NIU Alumni Association Communications Team with all graphic design and visual communication needs
• Plan and design mailers, social media posts, magazine spreads, and website banners
• Assist the Multimedia Communications Specialist on video shoots and some photo shoots.
• Photograph events
The Visual Communications Student Worker must be a pioneer in their trade! They must be a master of their craft and have a passion for all things design.
The ideal candidate would:
• Be current student in good academic standing
• Be Sophomore or Freshman, coming into Spring 2017 semester
• Have a complete understanding of the Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier, and After Effects.
• Be able to meet tight deadlines and manage their own workflow
• Be able to show a portfolio of either school or professional graphic design work
Preferred, but not required skills include:
• Knowledge of website design
• Experience with WordPress
• Knowledge of video preproduction, production, and post production
• Be enrolled in a graphic design, animation, communications, or any related courses
• Have working knowledge of Sony cameras
Pay Rate: $ $9 / hr
Other Student Jobs
Click on a position bellow to view it's details above. This is the same listing as previous pages and has been placed here for your search convenience.
The Visual Communications Student Worker will give graphic design, photography, and videography support to the NIU Alumni Association communications team.
Non Discrimination at NIU
Northern Illinois University is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. The Constitution and Bylaws of Northern Illinois University afford equal treatment regardless of political views or affiliation, and sexual orientation. NIU recognizes Dual Career issues.
N.I.U. provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.firesafety.niu.edu or by contacting the Environmental Health & Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.